Sunday, August 7, 2011

Inky Linky Love 08.07.2011

Oops, kind of late with the linky post this time. But since I'd banned myself from Google Reader for much of the week, I had hundreds upon hundreds of posts to wade through, and that's basically what I spent yesterday doing. I think next week I'll go back to checking the reader when I have a spare moment; it's too daunting to tackle so many at a time.

But wow, there are so many beautiful posts on the writing journey in the blogosphere lately. These amazing writers are open about the struggles and challenges that accompany being a writer while being incredibly inspiring with their perseverance and hard work. I hope you'll check out these posts if you haven't already:

AWESOME POSTS ON THE WRITING JOURNEY
  • S.J. Kincaid wrote a beautiful post on Ellen Oh's blog about why she wouldn't have changed anything about her writing journey, despite being obsessed for years with a manuscript that would never be published.
  • In a similar vein, Natalie Whipple recounts her journey to publication on Adventures in Children's Publishing, sharing her struggles and heartaches and how she fought through them.
  • On her own blog, Natalie explains why she's not jealous of Kiersten White's successes and how to deal with jealousy in general.
  • Speaking of which, Kiersten is amazing as well. This week she wrote a post on talent versus hard work and why both are important. 
  • And the fabulous C.J. Redwine wraps everything up — the journey, the hard work, the success, and how to handle others' good news — in this post on what it feels like to get a book deal.

Amazing articles, right? And here are posts on everything else. It kinda kills me to throw them all together instead of organizing them into separate categories as I usually do, but if I did that I would mostly have only one link per category, and that would annoy me even more. Thus, this compromise:

EVERYTHING ELSE

Oh, and there's a new tab under my header, featuring awards and memes I've been tagged with. It's entirely Carrie Butler's fault that I had to make one of those. Thanks for thinking of me, Carrie! Though I'd appreciate a less awkward one next time. ;)

In other news, I am still horribly behind on Camp NaNo. But I don't feel all that guilty about it, haha. I think the best part about participating is learning to develop a consistent writing habit, so even if I don't make it to 50k (I'm pretty sure I won't), I'm happy as long as I'm making some progress on my WIP and knocking out a few hundred words every day.

Hope your writing plans are going better than mine, and have an incredible weekend! :D

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for these links, Linda. I love your "be yourself" post and will craft a more thoughtful reply when I type coherently.

    Good luck on CampNaNo. I'm so dreadfully behind already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emy! :D Good luck with NaNo. I can totally relate. I have an abysmal word count, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to agree with Emy that I love your "be yourself" post. Don't worry about NaNo! You're in my cabin, so you can see how behind I am on MY word count! And no, I didn't go dark this weekend, so expect an email from me soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Krispy! Haha I guess I do feel better that I'm not the only one trailing WAYYY behind Alz in terms of word count. :P Yay for email! Looking forward to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some great links here.

    SJ Kincaid used to be in my crit group. Even though I knew about her journey to publication, I didn't realize how long it was until I saw it written down. She's an awesome writer and deserves every bit of success she achieves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah - it's always good to know that the crazy stressfulness of the writing world does not lie with you alone. Always good to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some great links! There's some I haven't seen yet that I'm going to go check out *right* now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! SJ's post is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Abby! :) I was so used to writing and reading alone before, and I had no idea what I was missing out on until I started getting more involved in the writing blogosphere. So glad you decided to jump in, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Peggy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great links! I need posts like yours because I don't have time to scour the internet every day. :)

    ReplyDelete